@2021. All rights reserved. Rescape Design
Upon meeting this client we were faced with tight, steep access with very minimal room to work with. The brief was to deliver a very private tropical garden and bold entry that had a connected outdoor living space and pool that blended the architecture of the home into the garden. Also there were specific requests about the importance of clean details, functionality and quality natural material choices. This was a great challenge for the team.
• Structural Features
– Private plunge Pool using local Ironbark decking surrounds with wrapped decking into the
pool for a seamless feel.
– Custom Aluminium gate house and block infills, the profile we designed allowed the
eastern breeze to flow through while still creating privacy from people walking by.
– The use of a natural screening of gracillis bamboo (even thou it was known to have
maintenance) This was to create a fast and tall privacy solution as the planting
complemented the theme.
– The planting had to be perfect to complete the look, we chose spreading succulents to
soften the hard stones, Creeping Fig to act as a green wall over the big white rendered
walls through the entry way.
• Key Details
– Striking lines in the cantilevered decking seats.
– Natural quality materials such as Basalt Slabs, Basalt Stone Edging, Sir Grange Lawn.